INGREDIENTS & DEFINITIONS
This information is a reference only and I make no medical or
scientific claims for my products.
From our own herd of goats. Rich in proteins, alpha hydroxy acid,
vitamins and minerals.
Used in Soap & Lotion
Definitions of some helpful terms.
- Coconut Oil: High in Lauric acid, wonderful lather. Used in soap.
- Olive Oil: High in Oleic acid, cell regeneration. Used in soap..
- Palm Oil: We use only organic/sustainable Palm oil. High in
tocotrienol, vit E, big fluffy lather. Used in soap.
- Safflower Oil: High in Linoleic acid, helps to moisturize,
nourish & reconstruct skin. Used in Soap, Lotion & Butter Bars.
- Sunflower Oil: Pentrates and moisturizes skin easily with
clogging pores. Used in Butter Bars.
- Grapeseed Oil: Light oil, high in vitamins and minerals as
well as polyunsaturated fatty acids. Helps to preserve natural
moisturein aging skin. Used in Butter Bars, Lotion & Salves.
- Shea Butter: High in vit and minerals, benefits dry skin. Used in
Butter bars and Butter Jars.
- Glycerin: Atracts and retains moisture, helps dry skin. Naturally
occuring in handcrafted soaps, used in Lotions.
- Vitamin E: Antioxidant. Used in Butter Bars, Butter in jars &
- Beeswax: Creates a solid base for Butters and Salves. Used in
Butter Bars, Butter jars and Salves.
- Pumpkin Seed: High in vit A, vit C as an anti oxidant as well as
Zinc which acts as an astringent. Used in Pumpkin Face Cream.
- Pureed Pumpkin: Properties similar to Pumpkin seed. Used in
Pumpkin Face Soap.
- Essential Oils: Oily liquid obtained from plants. Used in all
- Fragrance Oils: Synthetic oils used for fragrance. Used in all
products, when essential oils are not available, Phalate Free
- Pine Tar: Distilled from pinewood, has been used for centuries.
Used in Pine Tar soap and Black Salve.
- Linoleic acid: An essential unsaturated fatty acid. Emollient.
- Lauric acid: Foaming action.
- Oleic acid: good skin penetrating properties.
- Humectants: used to preserve the moisture content.
- Tocotrienol:form of vit E, antioxidant.
- Anit Oxidant: Preservatives, (above ingredients contain natural
not synthetic preservatives.)
- Parabens: Anti Microbial preservatives, which are absorbed
into the skin. They are estrogen mimickers and can increase cancer
risk. THESE ARE NOT USED IN ANY OF MY PRODUCTS.
- Phthalates: Chemical compounds used in production of some
fragrance and essential oils. Some may be cancer causing. ALL OF THE
FRAGRANCE AND ESSENTIAL OILS THAT I USE ARE PHTHALATE FREE.